Ads by Amazon

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Net Worth Update - December 20th, 2009

With the purchase of an engagement ring, my assets fell this week, but overall it worked out not too badly (with my engagement and the numbers!)

Every time I get paid (every two weeks), I update my net worth. The idea behind this is that my goals are that my liabilities drop every two weeks, and by tracking them in this way, I am able to get a nice picture of where I stand financially. Its not a perfect balance sheet that I have (because of student loans I have a negative net worth), but the progress is what I am looking for.

ASSETS:
- down $964.66 from December 4th, 2009
- up $7324.60 from December 20th, 2008(one year ago)

These assets include my house (I give it 1% appreciation each year in my appreciation), my RRSP and my TFSA. Despite purchasing a ring, my investments continued to rise quite nicely. The numbers would have been great this week otherwise!

LIABILITIES:
- better $1,047.29 from December 4th, 2009
- better $14,056.73 from December 20th, 2008(one year ago)

These liabilities include my mortgage, student loans and a consolidation loan (mainly for my Masters Degree for teaching). I am now up to four tutoring jobs, where the extra money that I earn goes to paying off my liabilities. This moved nicely because I had three loans all hit on this period (my student loans, my Buffalo loans and my mortgage).

NET WORTH:
- better $82.63 from December 4th, 2009
- better $21,381.34 from December 20th, 2008 (one year ago!)

Once again, automatic pilot means that things will be going in the right direction without major intervention on my part no matter what. Despite purchasing my engagement ring, the numbers still worked out on this week (making me very happy). Once we officially tie the knot, we will combine our finances and my fiance will have her own spot on this blog!

The last thing I am going to track is the value of the TSX. I have some asset allocation goals that are dependent on the value of the TSX.

TSX Graph
Current Value: 11,463.40
Highest Value in Last 2 Years: 15073.13 June 18th, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment