Ads by Amazon

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Net Worth - September 26th, 2009

Another decent two weeks for my net worth. Here is the usual update.

Every time I get paid (every two weeks), I update my net worth. The idea behind this is that my goals are that my liabilities drop every two weeks, and by tracking them in this way, I am able to get a nice picture of where I stand financially. Its not a perfect balance sheet that I have (because of student loans I have a negative net worth), but the progress is what I am looking for.

ASSETS:
- up $306.21 from September 11th, 2009
- up $6559.30 from September 26th, 2008(one year ago)

These assets include my house (I give it 1% appreciation each year in my appreciation), my RRSP and my TFSA. The markets are continuing to rise (who knows for how long) so my assets continue to slowly rise.

LIABILITIES:
- better $827.08 from September 11th, 2009
- better $11,403.78 from September 26th, 2008(one year ago)

These liabilities include my mortgage, student loans and a consolidation loan (mainly for my Masters Degree for teaching). I am now up to four tutoring jobs in a week so all my money that I get from that will go towards decreasing my liabilities. As last weeks liabilities were low (because of spending on MasterCard for prescriptions), as I got my cheque back from my prescriptions I was able to really improve my liabilities this week.

NET WORTH:
- better $1133.29 from September 11th, 2009
- better $17,963.09 from September 12th, 2008 (one year ago!)

Another good set of two weeks. Even just by tracking this (and having a constant reminder of where you stand) really seems to help out. This is like constant goal tracking (which I think is great). Since I started (publicly) tracking my net worth on this blog, all updates have had positive growth in assets and my liabilities have dropped (which is awesome). Let's hope that this continues (I am making it happen so it really isn't hope...its action!)

The last thing I am going to track is the value of the TSX. I have some asset allocation goals that I will share in future posts, and they are dependent on the value of the TSX.

TSX Graph
Current Value: 11,212.39
Highest Value in Last 2 Years: 15073.13 June 18th, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment