Ads by Amazon

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Net Worth Update - November 7th, 2009

With the first signs of winter on the way, this will be a shivering update to my net worth.

Every time I get paid (every two weeks), I update my net worth. The idea behind this is that my goals are that my liabilities drop every two weeks, and by tracking them in this way, I am able to get a nice picture of where I stand financially. Its not a perfect balance sheet that I have (because of student loans I have a negative net worth), but the progress is what I am looking for.

ASSETS:
- up $198.74 from October 24th, 2009
- up $7579.78 from November 7th, 2008(one year ago)

These assets include my house (I give it 1% appreciation each year in my appreciation), my RRSP and my TFSA. Again, the markets stayed about flat (or dropped), but my regular contributions continued and I continue at an all-time high.

LIABILITIES:
- better $574.63 from October 24th, 2009
- better $12,647.00 from November 7th, 2008(one year ago)

These liabilities include my mortgage, student loans and a consolidation loan (mainly for my Masters Degree for teaching). I am now up to five tutoring jobs, where the extra money that I earn goes to paying off my liabilities. The numbers dropped a bit because I did some charity contributions on my Mastercard this week but the warm feeling that you get from donating will help from my lower numbers than usual.

NET WORTH:
- better $773.36 from October 24th, 2009
- better $20,226.78 from November 7th, 2008 (one year ago!)

Decent numbers once again. I have to keep reminding myself that positive gains each paycheque and consistency is going to get me going in the right direction. My long term goals are to be student-loan free by the time I'm 35 (that being all my bills paid except my mortgage by age 35). I am still on track to do that as I continue to inch along. Christmas is coming around the corner though...

The last thing I am going to track is the value of the TSX. I have some asset allocation goals that are dependent on the value of the TSX.

TSX Graph
Current Value: 11,250.42
Highest Value in Last 2 Years: 15073.13 June 18th, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment