Ads by Amazon

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quick financial update

So just a summary from the last post...it's a girl! My daughter Ava was born on March 15th, 2011 and that has been a wonderful blessing to our family. She has received her SIN number so we are heading to the bank on Friday to begin her RESP for schooling!

Financially, I took out a $5100 RRSP loan and ended up getting back over $3000 from the government, so all of that $3000 will go towards paying back loans (both the RRSP loan and my student loans). My priority for paying back loans will be
1) smallest student loan (done)
2) RRSP loan (I have about $3200 left)
3) last student loan (I have about $9800 left)
4) house mortgage (I have about $120,000 left)

We'll see if I do another RRSP loan for next year...chances are that I will. The net worth increase is tremendous and the regular payments aren't a strain on me financially.

As far as investing, once the TSX gets to 15000 I will take 20% of my Dividend holdings and turn them into bonds. After that, it will be once the TSX gets to 16500. All of my contributions are going into the Dividend Fund at this time.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you


    security equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. weekend loan lenders has been designed for the UK people those who require instant cash in order to fulfill all their monetary requirements on the right time without any delay.


    weekend loan lenders
    weekend loans bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking for a loan to finance your project at the rate of 2% in return or Home loan or car loan then Mr Pedro loan offer will be good for you since they offered international loan to individual or company looking for way to expand their business or personal loan because Mr pedro and his working company helped me finance my business at the rate of 2% in return in which I will be closing my loan next year on this date, I really hope to order another loan from them because they are genuine loan company with a very good interest.
    Contact Mr Pedro loan offer on E-Mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com whatsapp: +1-863-231-0632

    ReplyDelete